Millennials were born between 1981 and 1996. The generation has unique characteristics. They are diverse in how they express themselves and identify. They remember the events of 9/11 and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. They’ve watched their baby boomer parents and often are disappointed in the strides their elders made in changing the status quo. These factors and more shape the marketing strategies that address Millennials.
If you’re a business owner and want Millennials to become customers, you need to understand them. For example:
- Millennials enjoy and embrace new technology.
- They like to know the bottom line.
- They value authenticity and have a built-in fraud gauge.
- Social media shapes much of their thinking.
All your online content needs to be concise and responsive. Bradford Strategies’ digital marketing services already embody have this straightforward approach. They’re tuned into the successful methods of marketing to Millennials.
What Are Some Marketing Tips for this Age Group?
Millennials are bright, media-savvy and cautious. Build on these aspects to make them long-term customers. Effective strategies for marketing to Millennials include:
- Putting your clients on the center stage of your focus
- Using diversity in your representation of this group
- Offering gift cards and discounts
- Holding fun contests
- Allowing them to make trade-ins and upgrades
- Giving out samples
- Encouraging word-of-mouth, which carries a lot more weight than advertising
- Finding ways to get them to try your product
- Being on the most popular social sites, such as Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat
- Emphasize your purpose ahead of your product or service
- Letting them see that you’ve worked hard to build your business
- Referring to the commonality of experiences in this age group
- Offering an interactive experience
- Knowing and using their influencers
Because this generation can spot insincerity a mile away, make sure you connect with them, authentically. Don’t focus solely on marketing to Millennials, but more on making real connections with people in their age range.
What Are Some Mobile Marketing Strategies?
Millennials spend as much time on their smartphones as bibliophiles spend reading. They’re tethered to their tablets and phones. So, it makes sense that you use this medium when marketing to Millennials. No one like spam, but most Millennials aren’t averse to new and innovative products or services. Send out your marketing messages to reach this connected group through tools such as:
- Blog posts
- Customer reviews
- E-mail marketing
- Online and in-person events
- Paid promotions
- Podcasting and mobcasting
- Recognition technology
More than anything, marketing to Millennials requires that you listen to them. They’ll tell you what they love and what they despise — so pay attention. Use your mobile network to ask questions. This audience tells you the truth about what they need from you.
Why Should I Be Using a Digital Marketing Company?
Running your business is a full-time job. Marketing your company requires time, focus and expertise. And to be most effective, your online marketing strategies must be regular and consistent. Bradford Strategies is primed to help you with services such as:
- Digital marketing
- Social media posts
- Content development
- Great web design
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
Relying on a practical approach of marketing to Millennials, Bradford Strategies delivers results. First, they take the time to meet with you and ask questions about your business goals. Then, they customize their products and services to meet your specific needs. Contact this marketing firm to get the conversation started.